Digital Outreach Specialist
The Center for Prophetic Imagination (CPI) has an opening for a Digital Outreach Specialist to join our small two-staff team. This is a quarter time (10 hours a week) position for 6 months with the opportunity for extension and/or more hours pending additional funding.
Job Function: Activities and responsibilities include maintaining and extending our presence through social media and email.
- Crafting and sending weekly newsletters to supporters.
- Working with the Executive Director to create social media strategies.
- Social media management – Overall responsibility for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), including meme-creation, to help grow our social media following and broadcast content in keeping with our mission.
- Working with the Program Director to post events on our website.
- With the support of the Executive Director, cultivating and sending a short daily reflection.
- Thanking new donors through email and social media.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop Google Adwords strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Experience working with social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Experience working with online communications platforms (preferably Mailchimp).
- An appreciation of the fine art of meme creation.
- Understanding of intersectionality.
- Understanding of the radical Christian tradition.
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, the stated mission, vision, and core principles of the Center for Prophetic Imagination.
- A working knowledge of current social justice movements.
- Experience with digital marketing preferred, but not required
This is a contract position for $650/month with the expectation that you’d work 10/hrs a week.
Someone local to the Twin Cities is preferred, but not absolutely essential. The applicant must be able to attend, in person or via Skype, a weekly staff meeting.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Center for Prophetic Imagination is an equal opportunity employer that values the perspectives of diverse social locations. People of color are highly encouraged to apply.